It can be hard to decide or even come up with ideas on what to do during the holidays. You also don't want to waste the holidays, sitting at home doing nothing.
So, here’s a quick list of activities you can do during the new year break. Happy holidays!
Activities for the Holidays
1. Bake Something – A classic pastime that ends with delicious food. Find the right recipe of cookies, cakes or something savoury and prepare enough to share with the whole family.
Since it’s Christmas season, I’d suggest some Gingerbread cookies. Gather friends and family to decorate and enjoy.
2. Deliver something to your friends – Surprising your friends with a small gift during the holidays is always a fun activity. If you decided to bake some cookies, you can prepare some care packages and leave it on their doorstep.
It is the season of giving, after all.
3. Movie Marathon – If you are feeling lazy during the holidays, a movie marathon is always a great solution to spend time. Pick a genre or franchise and start watching.
There are so many streaming websites nowadays, so you’ll have an endless amount of entertainment.
4. Game Night – Spend the night in and play some games. Whether it be, video games or board games, it will be fun either way. There are countless games to choose from, so that will be a difficult choice.
Here are a few examples to help you:
- Trivial Pursuit
- Game of Life
- Among Us
5. Go Ice Skating during the holidays – If your city has an ice rink, this is a great and fun way to spend time with your friends and family. It is always hilarious watching uncoordinated people try to ice skate.
6. See Some Christmas Lights – If it isn’t too late, planning a night driving around your neighbourhood looking at Christmas lights is always pleasant. Simply, Google “Best Christmas Lights near me” and note down the best spots to go see during the holidays.
Invite some friends, and take some photos.
7. Go on a hike or go to the beach – For those that like to explore, look up the best places to hike around your city and traverse. Alternatively, you can always go to the beach and spend the day baking in the sun.
Just remember to bring sunscreen.
Hope this helps
There you go, activities to do during the holidays. If you have any other suggestions, comment it down below. We’d love to hear them. Happy holidays!